Asia Pacific Pension Group - APPG
APPG is a premier, fully independent pension product promoter and distributor.
Dedicated to providing Private Clients, Professionals, Financial Institutions, Wealth Managers and Intermediaries with a wide range of Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pensions Scheme - QROPS products, select Investment and Financial products.
Working through our network of Private Banks, Solicitors, Accountants, Wealth Managers and Independent Financial Advisers we seek to offer bespoke QROPS solutions to professional distributors and private, corporate and institutional investors.
Our goal is to remain a step ahead of our competition through an exemplary service provision. To provide a “tailored” service to private clients through select “best of breed” independent QROPS trustees, Discretionary Management and Investment companies.
APPG have a wide plethora of QROPS available and will tailor each product to meet clients needs.
APPG have two QROPS structures available;
1. Discretionary managed, fee based service.
2. Insured Scheme via AA & A+ rated Insurance Company’s.
All APPG QROPS scheme’s available are registered with HMRC in the United Kingdom.
‘A’ Day (Appointed day) arrived on 6th April 2006 and brought with it sweeping and radical changes for all pension plans – whether occupational or personal.
From this date there will be just one set of tax rules for all types of pension, with an individual Lifetime Allowance (£1.65 million - 2008/2009) and an individual Annual Allowance (£235,000 - 2008/2009). These limits will increase each year (Please ask for the specific yearly limits). All individuals will be able to fund up to these new attractive limits. Schemes already in existence before this date will need to update their rules to allow some of the new flexibilities.
Exceeding the limits will simply trigger a tax charge.
The ‘A’ Day rules made the majority of pensions much simpler and there could be a number of key advantages
• Pensions are much easier to understand.
• Most customers now have greater flexibility in the size and timing of their contributions.
There will also be a number of other changes including:-
• Early retirement age will rise from age 50, to age 55 by the year 2010
• Full concurrency (i.e. being able to pay into any array of plans you wish), subject to the annual allowance
• Wide investment flexibility
• Up to 25% Tax Free Cash will be available from the majority of pension schemes.
• The ability to commute a ‘small’ fund as a one off lump sum as opposed to having to draw a regular income
• Flexible options at retirement when deciding to take benefits
• No need to ‘have to’ secure benefits at age 75 via an annuity
Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes – QROPS
Pension ‘A’ Day also introduced the opportunity for those with UK pensions to transfer to overseas HMRC endorsed pension arrangements. This ruling complies with the European directive on freedom of movement of capital.
The main benefits to members of such pension arrangements are;
Š No compulsion to buy an annuity at retirement age.
Š No widows pension restriction on the pension fund.
Š UK Inheritance Tax mitigation - under current legislation.
Š UK Income Tax mitigation - under current legislation
Š Freedom of Investment asset and currency choice
Š Choice of Domicile of QROPS e.g. Hong Kong or Channel Islands
Š Consolidation of UK Pensions
Š More control over Retirement Age
At APPG we offer a number of high quality professionally managed structured QROPS, which may be tailored to each individual private clients needs.
If you require more information on our QROPS offerings please contact us and we will offer a full presentation on suitable QROPS solutions without obligation or charge.